It is the start of a new semester and you are in your second week already, having finally finalized your course schedule. But what about books? Chegg users can rent, buy and sell books easily and inexpensively. Textbooks are delivered straight to your door with guaranteed fast shipping and delivery. While you wait for that book to be handed to you, you can get instant access to the ebook version.
What people like
- The freedom to rent any book without hassle is great for college students who do not want to commit to purchasing the book at full price.
- Returns are easy. Simply affix the label onto the same package the book came in and ship it back.
- Quick delivery.
- Vast catalog of textbooks — any subject, any grade level.
What people dislike
- The ebook is only free for seven days from the day of order. Amazon Prime makes the ebook version always available for access.
- Books are not always guaranteed the lowest price. There are lower prices elsewhere.
- Limited amount of a popular book for rental can deem renting difficult.
Chegg is like the Netflix of textbook streaming. While you wait for your Chemistry textbook to physically arrive, you can start studying from the ebook online. Renting books is easy and perfect for those last-minute textbook needs. But, be sure to checkout for rental quickly before your popular books gets snatched and to cross-check prices of the book before purchasing. The freedom to rent out books for a fraction of the cost of buying the same book is too attractive. In this no-commitment age, why commit to a textbook you will use for only four months and then tuck under your bed? Give it back and save your money.